Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Musing on the Morning News

Marc Verwiel
Copy editor

Max started counting down, Mr. Giorgi asked the room to be quiet, Jacob shuffled the papers, and Chloe sipped her coffee. That's how every day started with the morning announcements. Max counted, Mr. Giorgi asked, Jacob shuffled, and Chloe sipped.
 The first time I joined the morning announcements I was just there to promote the Homecoming dance. However, after the dance came and went, I still found myself walking to the journalism room every morning during homeroom. It just became part of my morning routine to share terrible ideas with Jacob and Max while Chloe looked on with a disappointed look on her face. We tried to come up with the most obscure questions just to see the frustrated replies come across the Socrative. The show followed nearly the same format every homeroom while I was there, only disturbed when the network wouldn't let us stream.
 But in our last week no ideas were thrown out. We laughed constantly about taking the show to random locations or having Max come on the show just to yell at us. We tried to do weirder and more random things as our time on the show came to a close, although some of our ideas were shut down (full day show, broadcast from the roof). Regardless about how it all appeared to you, faithful viewer, I truly loved my time on the morning announcements and hope that the next broadcasting team has as much fun as we did.